Friday 17 July 2009

Lesson of the day: appearance is everything

Lesson of the day:

Don't bother trying to work for a company that caters to a posh demographic, if you're unwilling to look posh yourself.

This is my reaction to being rejected from employment from such a company and subsequently, I will be sacrificing the length of my hair in order to please "the man"

(Or rather, to be able to determine in future whether my medium length, slightly neglected dread-locked hair is an aggravating factor in me failing to gain employment this time. Egotistic as it sounds, a damn monkey could have had "the skills necessary" for the job I applied for.)*

Yes. I am bitter about not having got it.

*Based on the presumption that my hair was an issue, I resent society and its superficiality just that little bit more.

Admittedly, I have let my hair go a little and during the interview, emphasis was made upon appearances, but I'm not exactly bathing in sewage, now am I?

This all contributes to an evening where after a conversation with home, I've had to think long and hard about how I am perceived, and unfortunately, the first thing that comes into my mind are the infrequent times where I am asked if I can get someone some form of narcotics in the street. This has happened in both the UK and France. *sigh* In that case, I dread to think what a potential employer might ignorantly presume...

And all this because of hair? Nique TOUT! >:-(

No comments:

Post a Comment