Wednesday 7 October 2009

Doppelganger

Doppelganger. Noun. A ghostly double or counterpart of a living person. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/doppelganger)

Fortunately, the doppelganger in question is neither my own nor that of any relatives or close friends; to which I breathe a sigh of relief. 

And in all fairness, the doppelganger in question doesn't look even remotely like the person I think he is similar to.

However,  the very voice, mannerisms and work-ethic of this individual, conjure up thoughts of a horrible bastard who I had the misfortune of crossing paths with during my year in Japan. The resemblance of character- and as I have just come to learn from my house mate, apparent affinity of hobbies- leads me to the conclusion that this individual is at least, the spiritual doppelganger of the aforementioned horrible bastard. 

My house mate has gotten to the know the spiritual doppelganger in question, and has informed me that he does indeed share traits with the horrible bastard, but unlike he, has a soul and is genuinely a nice guy, and doesn't have a phallus on his forehead.

And that news, is great news.

But if the legend of doppelgangers is true, here's hoping that this doppelganger and the horrible bastard meet face to face, and that the horrible bastard fades away. 

Chokobo | チョコボ 


1 comment: